What To Do If You Are Arrested
- Stay calm and in control of your words, body language, and emotions. Keep your hands where officers can see them. Do not put your hands in your pockets. Do not make sudden movements and do not touch the police.
- IF you are asked, you must provide your name and address. Do not give ANY further information. Remember, anything you say or do can be used against you later.
- To search you or your vehicle the police must have a warrant, have arrested you, have probable cause that you committed a crime or your consent. Do Not Consent To A Search Of Your Car, Home, Or Possessions. If the police claim they have a warrant, ask to see the warrant.
- Most Importantly, Do Not Under Any Circumstances Give Police Officers Any Information. Do Not Volunteer Information And Do Not Explain Anything. This Will Never Help Your Case. It Will Be Used Against You In Court. The police are not going to help someone suspected of a crime. They are going to arrest you. Clearly and firmly assert your right to remain silent.
What To Do If You're Arrested For A Dwi
- Use your turn signal and slowly and carefully pull over to the side of the road.
- Stay in the car, keep your hands on the wheel, and calmly wait for the police officer to approach your motor vehicle.
- Act politely towards the police. If you are instructed to do anything from a police officer, follow their directions (n the window to speak to the police and follow their directions. Even as early as this moment, the police are watching your coordination when you are producing your license and registration.
- You have the right to invoke the Fifth Amendment, which means you have the right to refrain from answering any and all questions that the police officer asks you. Including What You Have Had To Drink That Evening. If the police officer asks you if you have been drinking tell the police officer that you are claiming your Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate yourself. Do not discuss where you were, what you did, who you were with, or whether you were drinking at all. Nothing You Say About Your Evening Will Make The Police "Go Easy On You." You Are Only Incriminating Yourself!
- Call an experienced DWI/DUI attorney As Soon As Possible especially if you are currently under arrest. Your attorney can protect your rights on your behalf, even while you are incarcerated.
Amanda was great, she answered my call late on a Sunday night. she was able to fit me into her busy schedule for the following day. I explained to her my situation and the potential penalties on hand. She assured me she was able to take care of it. Can not say enough good things about her. She was on time, realistic and very kind. If you have a need for a great traffic/criminal attorney she is your go to gal!
Brilliant and efficient! Got my traffic ticket dismissed.
I found Ms. Ambrose on line, I saw her 5 star Yelp reviews across the board and took a chance w/ my 2 tickets; Cell Phone and a No Left Turn. Ms. Ambrose is on top of her game, she is very responsive and always got back to me immediately. She also didn't over promise, was very honest and up front about court, tickets and judges as taking a chance with results. Court dates were scheduled , she always updated me with the status and turned out she did under-promise and over deliver as my violations were cleared. Thank you!
Facing a 6-point traffic violation, Ms. Ambrose instilled confidence by thoroughly explaining the process toward the goal of having the violation dismissed. Although she could offer no guarantees, she was successful in obtaining the desired result. I very much appreciate her direct and tenacious approach. I highly recommend her counsel.
Mrs’s Ambrose made it easy from setting up the appointment, to reviewing the case and having a successful outcome on my court date! Highly recommend her skills as a Defense Traffic Attorney.
Amanda helped me get a 5 point ticket dismissed when I had only hoped for reduction as a best outcome. She walked me through every step of the process thoroughly and tailored my expectations appropriately. Out of all the other lawyers I looked into, she was also the most price effective for me as well. Can't say enough good things about my experience. Will absolutely utilize her again in the future if ever needed!
From my first meeting with Ms. Ambrose, I could sense how dedicated she is to her work. I definitely felt like I was in good hands from day one. I especially appreciated that she always responded to me in a timely manner, and was more than patient with the avalanche of questions I had for her. Ms. Ambrose's knowledge, attentiveness, and tenacity is what makes her a top notch attorney. I'm fortunate to have her in my corner.
There is no attorney I've refereed my family, friends and clients to for their traffic or criminal matters more than Ms. Ambrose. Her excellent reputation has been earned through her extensive experience, professionalism and client focus. If you're in need of assistance, I could not recommend her more.
Amanda is attentive, knowledgeable, and hard-working.
Ms. Ambrose was awesome. She helped me when I needed help the most. She was professional and tenacious and fought my case hard(for a win!). 100% recommend her services!
Ms. Ambrose is an awesome criminal defense lawyer. She takes her job and clients very seriously and is one of the few NY lawyers to have actually tried a homicide case. She is professional, knowledgeable, caring and an aggressive litigator. In short, the kind you want in your corner when the chips are down. I highly recommend her services!
When you want someone who does what they SAY they're going to do, Amanda Ambrose is the advocate you go to. She crushed it for me. Can't say enough good things about her, so leave like this - she's "it".
Direct, open to questions, and extremely knowledgeable!
Amanda helped me get a 5 point ticket dismissed when I had only hoped for a reduction as a best outcome. She walked me through every step of the process and was always open and honest about what she could do. Out of all the other lawyers I looked into, she was also the most price effective for me. Can say enough good things about my experience. Will absolutely utilize her again in the future if ever needed!
I've had the great pleasure of getting to know Amanda through the NY criminal defense community. She's a talented litigator who genuinely cares for her clients. I would absolutely recommend her practice, especially for DWIs.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
9:00am - 9:00pm, Every Day
- 10 Best 2017 Customer Satisfaction Award